It’s been about a month since my last post. The first two weeks of which were very productive. The last two have been more frustrating.

In the week before I went back to uni I had a big push to try and get the project finished before I came back. This resulted in me staying up until 7am the day I went back to uni. …And I still didn’t get it finished. However, the box had been constructed, the circuit board soldered and installed, the metal work drilled and the inputs mounted.

At 2am the day before I came back to uni, all I had to do was solder on the switches etc and mount them on the board. However, due to a lack of forethought, I hadn’t actually put proper thought into how it would be assembled. As it turned out, it was impossible to mount the switches in the case because you simply couldn’t reach them when you put the lid on. Multiple attempts nonetheless resulted in broken wires and a lot of lost sleep, hair and sanity.

I ended up taking the project back to uni with me to finish off, and I think it’s pretty much there. Unfortunately, exam term comes with other priorities and I don’t have half as much time as I would like. Anyway, now for some pictures.

The front panel I made for the project
The front panel I made for the project
All of the electronics can be seen if you remove the metal panel.
All of the electronics can be seen if you remove the metal panel.
I think the jack connectors look pretty smart.
I think the jack connectors look pretty smart.
The metal panel will be mounted over the bottom hole.
The metal panel will be mounted over the bottom hole.
Advertisements